Sunday, April 21, 2013

Right now, I'm trying to finish a 'dissertation' on Postcolonialism, Science Fiction and Animal Rights. I'm doing it on Ursula Le Guin's The Word for World is Forest, and in the process, reading up on a fascinating array of texts. Alongside writing the paper, I'm also watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, something I've followed on and off, but never regularly. It does live up to its hype: its well written, well animated, and the Elric brothers have a certain edge to them most anime protagonists lack.

In some ways, I'm at my happiest when I'm steeped in work. But not just any sort of work: stuff I think is worth doing. Whether it pays off or not is not in my control.

Note to self: Space Adventure Cobra looks to be another fun anime.


No comments:

Post a Comment